Sunday, August 18, 2013

Traveling to Beijing, China ( Solo)

Traveling to Beijing, China ( Solo)
Date of Visit: Aug 2013
Number of Pax : Solo Travel
Airline: Cebu Pacific




-My pocket money- Php19437.50 (2750 yuan)
-Read other Pinoy Travel blogs, forum at Pinoy Exchange
-Prepared  and created  my  Itinerary, DIY visit, and their must try food.
-My airfare costs - Php 4416, Aug18- MNL - PEX (Manila to Beijing-1935-0005 ), Aug23, -PEX- MNL   , 100am -530am)
-At work- Filed my Vacation Leaves and Off Swap 
-Availed and  booked a Tour  prior good for 2days and paid Php 2864 via western union ( one of the visa requirements to be presented)
-Photocopy mycpassport,visa page of  at my passport ,accommodation ( exchange email),tour invite letter,round trip tickets ,passport  last page ( emergency contacts)

Applying for VISA requirements: (check their website for updated requirements)
China Embassy is located along Buendia Makati (near RCBC Plaza )

-Submitted the Invitation  letter from the accredited travel agency in Beijing ( the invitation has my name, passport number, the info that i availed a 2 day tour with them )
-My accommodation reservation ( i printed it from my email )
- Photocopy of my Round Trip Ticket
-Passport 
-Photocopy (front /back)
-Application form  (printed at short bond paper, picture- (check their website for instructions re: size of picture )-
-Bank certificate (less than 50k )
-Payment of Php 1400

Day 0: Travel to Beijing 

Aug 18,2013 -
- Paid Php1620,550 (travel tax, terminal fee),
- IO - no questions, stamp ( he trusted me when  he saw my Korean Visa and other stamps from other SEA countries),
- It was raining hard in Manila,(typhoon),my flight got delayed 30-45 mins,set my phone ( not a smartphone yet to roaming.
-All passengers -majority chinese nationals, ("Malamang pa China eh!")
- Fill out the disembarkation card given by CebPac Flight Attendant


After 5 hours ,Arrival  (while descending  i noticed an air patrol chopper monitoring the city around past midnight )
-Disembarkt at Terminal II
- Young Man IO;look at my face,eye to eye,scan my passport,return the half Disembarkation card,no questions and then stamp
"I said thanks, he replied thank you!"
-Baggage claim,customs and then exit
-No chance to roam the area, my airport transfer driver  was waiting for 45 mins because of the delay (holding my  name - transfer arranged by my lodge)
-car old model/non aircon
-It's fine than riding a cab to my hotel which is 30mins away, No " Hi , Hello talk ". No more train going to the city during that time.
-Arrival at my  lodge ( Receptionist)
    -paid my lodge (whole payment no prior reservation payment),airport transfer  , photocopied my  passport ,gave me a rode map, brought me to my room.
-Room (dormitory type) 
    -at  my room by  2am, no noise made because some of  tourists were already sleeping ( 5 French,2 New Zealander), learned it by morning.
    -Sleep  and Texted  my Mom by 2am.




Beijing DIY City Tour and Olympic Site



No comments:

Post a Comment