Monday, August 19, 2013

Beijing DIY City Tour and Olympic Site

Beijing DIY City Tour and Olympic Site 

Date : Aug 19 ,2013,

Pax: Solo Travel







Day 1 : DIY City Tour and Olympic Site 

-Some of my boardmates went out early, took their breakfast,went  to their respective tours.

-Called my contact travel agency ( for my  confirmation re my tour the following day).

-Had  my  free breakfast , Can't connect to FB ,etc.

-Left my laptop a my lodge's  free locker storage .

 

-Started my DIY tour

-From Nangloxuian street, walk to nearest subway station.

- At subway station-bought a smartcard (20 deposit)30 load. Best thing about Beijing Subway even numerous transfers, the charge is still 2 RMB,Budget Friendly, but prepare for long walks, (like in Korean subway).

 

1st stop: Wangfujin Street

-the Wangfujing station-connected to  a mall, just followed the flow of peeps.

- look for Wangfujing-Beijing tourist info

At Wangfujing street-roam around, pictures, area with exotic foods. tourit info gave me a map.

-From Wangfujing-, I walked to  Tiananmen square

    -someone approached me- i believe he will offer a walking tour but i ignored.

Here are the pictures 











2nd stop :Tiananmen Square

-too hot, ( well it's was summer time in CN - august ), rest for a while, bought a " Pocari sweat refreshment "  (8 yuan)

Tiananmen square ( National Museum,Chairman Mao Mausoleum, Tower Hall, Tiananmen gate ( leads  to Forbidden city)

            -there was bag scanner at the undepass leading to Tiananmen square . a lot of standby guards at forbidden city gate. ( " they value the security of the tourists here. good job").

Here are the pictures :








 


3rd stop: Drum and Bell tower

-Subway Tiananmen west to Guliao

-Lunch time (around 1-2 pm) ordered spicy wing,fries, softdrink at mcdonalds nearby the guliao station, ( Mcdonalds was my life saver in Beijing - their menu has English Characters - especially the prices)



-Searching for the drum and bell tower ( via tourism map and mapsme offline), found out that this area are  full of Hutongs(small streets at old Beijing area ,mostly residentiala areas). somehow i lost and asked 2  teenagers and even them can't give me an exact answer. Just followed the map and Found it , they're facing each other,

-Was about to enter, but flock of tourists, took pics of both, enjoyed walking along the hutongs, saw residents ,chit- chatting, playing board games. simple life of locals.

Here are the pictures :

rickshaw along one of the Hutongs



Mcdonalds near Guliao 


 

4th stop and last stop -till sunset: Olympic Village


-Bought ticket to Arena (Nest- 50 yuan)

        -took pictures, tried the cows milk (very famous to locals, 3-5 yuan)

-I was already 8pm and Im still waiting for the sun to set . 

-Olympic Village to Nangloxuian station- i took a different street(hutong) then lost and walked along to a not well lit hutong and finally found my Nangloxuian street, Back to my lodge, no dinner (had  my munchies back home ( skyflakes, biscuits and water - " Diet Ako ! Pero ang Totoo baka mahirapan ako mag order !").

-Received a call from my tour coordinator , acccdg to my lodge reception, i made a return call and the tour coordinator instructed me to When,Where my  pick up for my tour tomorrow.


Here are the pictures;

 














sleep ( past 12mn)

Continue for Day 2 :  Availed Tour-Great Wall of China



No comments:

Post a Comment