Thursday, August 23, 2012

Solo Backpack: Ilocos Sur Part I

Ilocos Sur, Philippines

Here is my Itinerary


   Day VI:Ilocos Norte: Laoag

Capital: Vigan City


Day III (Aug 23,2012) : Vigan- Bantay- Baluarte Tour


Woke up by 7 AM, Im now heading to Vigan.Checked out at Texicano and left my other stuffs because I’ll return the following day. I just brought my DayPack Backpack,Tripod and Sling Bag for my cam.According to Texicano’s friendly staff the Mini-Bus Terminals (to Vigan) is just 2 blocks away from the hotel. Indeed True!. No Breakfast yet, I bought  food from the nearby and popular convenience store in Ilocos, IlocosStop.Around 830-900 the mini-nonaircon bus(Fare=P60.00) departed even if it’s half empty,that’s the disadvantage of riding these mini-buses because along the way they will pick up passengers and it is time consuming and they did cut their trip at the last town of Ilocos Norte which is Badoc and return my P30.00 because I’m the only passenger who is heading to Vigan. Better ride (Partas,Farinas and Florida BusLines).So I hopped and push my luck again to another mini-bus to Vigan, and after  an Hour and half. I arrived at the Heritage City of Vigan around 1130am.
Now Looking for a Lodge
 I have two options both got from Marcos's blog..
-Vigan Hotel –located at the back of Vigan Cathedral (near Plaza Burgos and Crisologo St)
-Socio Pastoral Council-located at the Archbishop Palace,a retreat house, caters  tourists and those who will attend seminars (near Plaza Salcedo and Vigan Cathedral)
I  settled and checked in at Socio Pastoral for an Overnight Stay(  Fan Room worth P300.00,Shared CR,2 Beds)Has Curfew by 9pm.

 
Started  my Vigan Walking Tour (a Must see when your visiting Vigan)
How to get to Crisologo?: Walk
1st Stop: Crisologo Street (Home of the Ancestral Houses)
Crisologo+Street+Vigan.jpg



Crisologo+Street+Vigan.jpg


Calesa+Crisologo+Street+Vigan.jpg
Calesa for Hire. I'm not sure How Much? In Laoag it's P60.00(Solo)





Crisologo+Street+Vigan.jpg






Crisologo+Street+Vigan.jpg
  


Next Stop:Outside Crisologo Street

How to get to these locations?: Walk
Simbahan+Bassit+Vigan.jpg
Bassit in Ilocano means Small = Small Church


Crisologo+Museum+Vigan.jpg
Museum Hours: 830-1130am/1:30-4:30pm Monday-Sunday


Burgos+Museum+Vigan.jpg
Padre Jose Burgos's Birthplace(Burgos Museum)Museum Hours: 830-1130am/1:30-4:30pm Tues-Sunday


Ilocos+Sur+Capitol.jpg
On Half Mast...Courtesy to Sec. Robredo


Vigan+Cathedral+Plaza+Salcedo.jpg
Vigan Cathedral and Plaza Salcedo


Vigan+City+Hall.jpg
On Half Mast... Courtesy to Sec.Robredo


UNESCO+Vigan.jpg
UNESCO World Heritage Marker


empanadaan+vigan.jpg
The Vigan Empanadaan Marker (near Plaza Burgos). Try the Best Empanada de Vigan here



empanadaan+vigan.jpg
Plaza+Burgos+Vigan.jpg


 Here is my Room


My P300.00 Worth Lodge at Socio Pastoral Council, Vigan
to be continue: Solo Backpack: Ilocos Sur Part II

No comments:

Post a Comment