Thursday, February 2, 2012

3rd Stamp: Solo Backpack in HongKong

Hongkong (Comprises of Kowloon, HongKong  Island,New Territories,Lantau Island)

lantau+island+hongkong.jpg
At Lantau Island

My 3rd Solo Backpack and My 1st Solo Backpack Abroad!


Flight Details: Feb 2,2012 (7:05AM) P2524 RT  (Booked  Last April 2011/ Piso Fare)

*Why I booked Clark instead of Manila?,Hehehe, this was the only available  for my target dates.

Pasay City – Clark DMIA Philtranco (P450)
*Don’t forget to make reservations prior. Here’s the Philtranco Link

By 830 PM, Left the Pasay Terminal, I’m the only Passenger from Pasay to DMIA (That’s How Professional they are! Kudos to Philtranco!)

By 1030PM, Arrived at DMIA ,I looked for the best area  at the airport where I can sleep, No other choice but the benches at the waiting area. ( I brought my sleeping bag and my other clothes as my pillow)

*No need to worry, the airport is safe and there are convenience stores around

By 430AM, I woke up, freshen up  and changed a presentable looking Polo Shirt  (Para Mukhang Mayaman)

By 5AM, Checked in Time. Travel Tax (P1620), Terminal Fee (P500)
Immigration Officer: How many are you? (Just Me),Where is your return ticket? (I Presented it), Where are you working? (My Company and Nature of Business), IO: I think he was scanning…on his Database the name of my company… Scanned my Passport, Then STAMPED! 

By 7AM, Bye Pilipinas for Now/2 Hours Flight/ Annoying Seatmate (ADHD Ka?/ Bawal Mangopya Teh!...Turn off the phone daw!...etc…)

*No slept at  all, Bawal ang Bad Vibes… Good Vibes Always!

By 9AM, Hello HKIA ( WoW a HUGE Airport!)

*Make sure to get the Info of your baggage assigned gate belt from your Flight Attendant
*HKIA is a HUGE Airport, You have to take an airport train from your arrival gate to the Immigration Area,Baggage assigned belts and Exits (Vice Versa) ,just follow your fellow passengers and the signage (No need to worry: All-in Bilingual)

Immigration Officer: Just Scanned my Passport (I already had 2 Stamps from Singapore and Malaysia trip last year) Then STAMPED!

HongKong+International+Airport.jpg
All-in-Bilingual


HongKong+International+Airport.jpg
Numerous Travelators


HongKong+International+Airport.jpg
Airport Train Transfer


HongKong+International+Airport.jpg
My 3rd Stamp


HongKong+International+Airport.jpg
Exiting the Airport

 Hello Hongkong, China!

At the Airport Arrival Area- I  bought  an Octopus Card (HKD150) (Useful for  Train Rides/ Bus Rides and other establishments accepting it) and also looked for the  CTS (China Travel Service) Counter- Bought my Discounted Tickets for  3-in-1 Disneyland,The Peak,Maddame Tussauds ,and didn’t  buy Ngong Ping 360 (Due to preventive maintenance of their Cable Cars). For updated ticket prices and etc..Here’s CTS Link

Exited the Airport and looked for A21 Bus-(Route to TST (Tsim Sha Tsui Area), Tapped my Octopus Card (FARE), and Alighted at Stop #13 and few walk to Mirador Mansion 

*Bus is much more cheaper than the Airport Express Train. Visit the  MTR Link
*Mirador Mansion 54-64 Nathan Road, Kowloon (Home of Guest Houses)- Near the MTR, Bus Stops and a 10-min walk to Avenue of the Stars , Victoria Harbor and etc. 

lantau+island+hongkong.jpg
Residential at Lantau Island


lantau+island+hongkong.jpg
Lantau Island

Checked in at Cosmic GuestHouse (12/F Mirador Mansion -www. cosmicguesthouse.com)

*Made reservations and down payment prior (c/o Jeremy), the confirmation receipt and email will be very useful if an IO asked for your accommodations.
*My Room (Literally Small/Good only for Single/AC/TV/Hot and Cold Shower/WIFI in each Room)

Tips and Other Information

 *Before my trip I made thorough research and printed (sample itineraries,guides,maps, tickets etc). And make it sure that your funds are sufficient(Mine:3000HKD,500USD,5000PHP)I brought my CC also, (because I read  stories from a blogger that he was held at the HK Immigration Office due to lack of funds on his pocketmoney ). I did numerous overtimes, saved my 13th month ,holiday pays and joined a paluwagan (for the sake of my travel addiction).
*Bring your thick jacket preferably with hood or have a bonnet.
*Bring a Universal Travel Adapter. Available at CDR King
*Be mindful of Chinese Holidays especially the Chinese New Year (Peak Season)

My Pocket Money
HongKong+International+Airport.jpg
3-in-1 Disney Ticket


Hongkong+Dollars.jpg
Colorful and Big Size Money

Helpful Links

*My Mentor Andy's Solo-Backpacking in HK-Macau(100% Helpful)
*Check Pretty Travel's Youtube videos for directions in HK-Macau (100% Helpful)
*China Travel Service (For the updated  and discounted prices for the tourist spots in HongKong and Macau)
*MTR (Metro Rail/ Buses Fares and Maps)
*Philtranco (For Your Safe and Sound Travel to Clark DMIA)

If you have questions, feel free to comment below. Xie Xie

Next > HongKongDisneyland (The Happiest Place on Earth)

2 comments:

  1. tokwa, mentor talaga, hahaha !!
    matsalams for the link ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome boss andy..as i promise marami pang link to follow.. :-)

      Delete