Saturday, February 4, 2012

Hongkong Sightseeing



  Hongkong Sightseeing Tour

Hongkong Island Skycrapers
Back traveling solo again, Woke up early. Ate my takeouts from last night’s dinner.Brought my Tripod and Daypack Bag


How did i get to these places? (Walk, Ferry Ride,MTR, Bus and Tram Ride)

1881 Heritage (a former Police Headquarters turn to a Museum)





1881 Heritage






Avenue of the Stars 

( Did Look for Jackie Chan's famous hand mark (Failed!) and Photo Op session)
     *Facing the Victoria Harbor,a little bit crowded, a Lot of Tourists. Check this Video for directions from TST.



 




 
The Haze at HongKong Island


Star Ferry Kowloon to Central 

( One of the oldest mode of transportation in HK)
    *The station is near the Clock Tower and Art Museum of Hongkong. Check this video for further information. Click Here
    *You can use your Octopus Card here for payment


Star Ferry Ride
-Rode the Open Top Double Decker Bus Ride to Peak Tram Lower Terminus from the Star Ferry Terminal (Very Cold!)
    *Other option, Walking to Peak Tram Lower Terminus is doable from Star Central MTR Terminal HK Island). Check this Video and Google map for direction.

 
-Rode the Famous Peak Tram to the Victoria Peak (Very Steep ride...70 degrees angle. I think!)


Peak Tram


Long Queue
-Straight to the Sky Terrace 428 ( Freezer?... Wow!Very Cold. Can't see the HK Island Skyscrapers and Kowloon Area due to Fog. I only stayed for 15 mins)
-Maddame Tussaud's Wax Museum (Up Close and Personal to Famous Person,Artists, Celebrities, World Leaders, and etc in their real life wax form...)



The Peak




Hongkong Island Skycrapers



 






 
(There are Sections in different floors for Hollywood,Sports,Singers,Famous Personalities etc..)

Who took me the pictures? Camera Timer and Tripod


Rode the Close Top Double Decker Bus Ride From the Peak to Central ( Stayed at Top again.I Took a Nap,then I missed the Peddler Street Bus Stop (Central Area).Hehe)


Heading to Central


Ha? Traffic in HK

At Central Area, Prizemart Store to be exact(Bought Chocolates for Pasalubongs.Not only chocolates but a lot more.The prices are Cheap(Wholesale)-Tips I got from my Ate Es.There are a lot of Filipinas within this area. They're chit-chatting (tsimising), some offered services such as "Pagupit po kayo!, Manicure, Pedicure etc."

MTR ride Central to TST. Back to Guest House. Yosi Break. Rest for a While. 



By Evening, I returned to the:

-Avenue of the Stars ( To watch the Symphony of Lights Show by 8pm (Narration in Chinese) and Hongkong Island by Night)
-1881 Heritage by Night
-Walked along Peking Road. Then Back to Guest House.Left my other stuffs
-Went to Mongkok for additional Pasalubong requested by Mama.(Haggling and Talking to Chinese Tinderas through their Calculators Again.Funny Experience, it’s like you’re playing a patintero with them,they will not let you out of their stalls if you will not buy.haha  :-P)
-I bought some of my pasalubongs below Mirador Mansion, less people, more time to choose without tinderas bugging you every minute (a la Mongkok).
-Back to TST, Packed Up for my Early Check out by 530 AM.Sleep 
 


Symphony of Lights Show




1881 Heritage by Night




Peking Road to Chungking Mansion


Day IV: Bye Hongkong! Hello Pinas!


Feb 5, 2012 (Sunday)

Checked out from Cosmic Guesthouse by 530 AM.
Then walked along Nathan Rd and looked for A21Bus Stop to Airport. So Cold.Grabe! You will appreciate how useful a bonnet or a hoodie jackets.

     *Thank You Human Apparel for the reasonable price bonnet and the Jacket I borrowed from Pudra.

It was Sunday then and there was a Fun Run Event, I was informed by a Chinese Officer that Buses were suspended and no rerouting at all. She advised me to take the MTR. Thank God I did my Homework before this trip and I always have my Plan B to Z.Hehehe (Centrum?)

Arrived at the Airport by 615am. Went to 7/F and Look for 5J Aisle and waited for Check-In by 645am. Ate my Baon (Biscuits, Chocolates,Cupcake etc), As usual Pictorial Session again.Hehe. Then it's already Checked in Time.Immigration. Exit. Stamped!

Now looking for my Boarding Gate.Just look for signages, listen to announcements and don't forget to ask for instructions.HKIA is so HUGE. Imagine 1-80 Gates then 500-530 Gates for Terminal 1 only.You need to take an airport train just to get you to the Gates Assigned and Vice Versa when arriving.Now I found my 5J Boarding Gate which is Gate 42.So Gitna siya...Hehehe.. Pictorial.. and Took a Nap and set my phone alarm 30 mins before departure.Mahirap na maiwan sa Istrangerong Lugar.

Bye Hongkong by 945am! Hello Clark Pinas by 1115 am.Then Philtranco Ride to Pasay. Then Taxi Ride to Home Sweet Home.

Ika nga nila "Makikilala mo ang Sarili mo ng lubusan lalo na kung Mag-isa ka sa Ibang Bansa"- Sandra Aguinaldo, GMA News TV!  I absolutely AGREE!..

My 3rd Solo Backpack and 1st Solo Abroad was a Success! Thank You Lord!

HKIA Terminal II


Wright Brothers Inspired




Airplane Spotting



 




On my next visit, I'll make sure that I'll visit the 360 Ngong Pin, Ocean Park,a little Shopping Perhaps (Chos!) and will buy a ticket which is Hongkong Entrance and Macau Exit.

You will ask how much did I spend from my budget (Picture 1stPage)- I didn't spend my USD 500 (P20000), I only spent my HKD most likely P12000- P15000 excluded of airfare.



Useful Links for DIY Tour





Pinoy Exchange – Hongkong and Macau Forums


If you have questions, feel free to post your comments below. Xie Xie

No comments:

Post a Comment