Monday, December 31, 2012

2012: My "Travel- Addiction Year" That Was

2012+travel+solo+backpack.jpg


Here are Miguels' Dosages for this Year...


February - Hongkong- Macau  

( My 1st Solo Backpack Abroad) According to my Mentor, Andy. HongKong- Macau is a good Training Ground if you wish to push through traveling alone abroad.

Unforgettable Memories

"I'm the only passenger from Pasay (Philtranco) - Clark (DMIA). Wow Special Trip."
"Skipped some meals in Hongkong, because I don't know where to eat and what to try, just ate my munchies (baon) from home"
"Met my newly-found friends,down to earth, my Ates and my Angels in Macau"

HongKong Island (Victoria Harbor)


St Paul Ruins, Macau
 Click here for more stories...

February-March - Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam - Siem Reap, Cambodia- Bangkok, Thailand 

( Crossing Borders/ 6 Days/ 3 Countries/ Sleepless Nights/ What an Amazing Race Trip)

Unforgettable Memories

"Already Knew and Experienced What "BOOM-BOOM" is in Vietnam"
"Viet-Kong for a Day in Cu Chi Tunnel"
"Longest Bus Ride EVER from Ho Chi Minh to Siem Reap"
"Temple Overload at Angkor Archaeological Park in Siem Reap"
"Jam-packed tour in Bangkok"


Reunification Palace, HCM

My Tho, Vietnam

Monks in Cambodia

Sunrise at Angkor Wat

Ta Keo, Cambodia
Wat Phra Kaew,Thailand

Floating Market,Thailand
Click here for more stories...

June- Silay- Murcia- Bacolod- Iloilo

( Revisiting Region 6 -Minus Guimaras Now)

Unforgettable Memories:

"Felt the Spanish-Era in Silay"
"Completed trekking the 7 Falls in Mambukal, Murcia from last year's epic failed"
"Yahoo! I tried the Calea Cakes in Bacolod (Mouth-Watering...Yummy)"
"Hello Again! Paraiso Bar in Iloilo!"

Mambukal Resort, Murcia


Balay Negrense, Silay


June - Cagayan Valley 

(My 4th Solo Backpack) 

Unforgettable Memories:

"A free-motorcycle ride to Callao Cave from a stranger to newly found friend (A Long Story!)"
"Been to the Northernmost Eastern  part of Luzon just for pictorial's sake"

Callao Cave, PeƱablanca

Anguib Cove, Santa Ana


July - Catanduanes

Unforgettable Memories:

"Surfer Wannabes at Puraran Beach"
"Went to Luyang Cave with a Creepy History" (More Scared, Not More Fun)
"An LPA (Low Pressure Area) did hit Catanduanes during our visit" (No Cancellation of Flights)


Surfing at Puraran

Puraran Beach, Baras

August- Davao City 

( 3rd Time in Davao!"Ayo-Ayo! Balik-Balik ko! Pohon!") 

Unforgettable Memories

" Tumaob (Upside Down) during our Water Tubing at Talomo River"
"Since it's my 3rd time, I'm the tour guide of my first timer friends"
" I Love DavaoeƱos! (Period)"

Water Tubing at Talomo River
Hagimit Falls, Samal Island
August - Ilocos Norte - Ilocos Sur 

("Napintas na Ilocos!"- My 5th Solo Backpack)

Unforgettable Memories

"They called me "Ading" (Young Male), I'm so young here in Ilocos (Feeling Lang)!" (Agyamanak Baket y Lakay)
"Tried the Pinakbet Pizza, Empanadas, Bagnet and Ilocano's Pakbet"

 
Patapat Viaduct, Pagudpud

Bangui Wind Mills

Crisologo Street, Vigan

Kapurpurawan Rock Formation, Burgos

Unesco's Paoay Church
Pinakbet Pizza


September - Hanoi,Vietnam 

( Now it's the Northern Part of Vietnam... "Xin Chao!")

Unforgettable Memories

"First timer for a Cruise Ride"
"First timer for Kayaking"
"First time to Experience! What a Night-Life!" (That's All)

Halong Bay,Vietnam

"Xin Chao" What are you doing?

The Cruise


October - Zamboanga 

( "Hola Buenas Ciudad de Latina en Asia!")

Unforgettable Memories

"Fiesta Pilar y Fiesta Hermosa! Adelante!"
"Hello to the Pink Island of Santa Cruz"
"Tried Zamboanga's Curacha,Satti and Budget Friendly Barter goods"

Fiesta Hermosa

Great Santa Cruz Pink Island

Alavar's Curacha

October - Dumaguete- Bantayan- Cebu City 

 ( "Bai Unsa ang Ato Karon?"- My 6th Solo Backpack)

Unforgettable Memories

"Tried the Sans Rival and Silvanas in Dumaguete"
"Stranded in Dumaguete for 7 Hours due to Typhoon Ofel"
"Hello to my Hometown Province of San Fernando Cebu after 10 Years since my last visit "
"Beachbumming at Bantayan Island"
"I missed Puso' and Barbeque at Larsian"

Sans Rival (A Must try in Dumaguete)

Rizal Boulevard

Most-Photographed Silliman Hall
Puso' (Rice) and Barbeque at Larsian (A Must Try)

Less Crowd, The Beach is Mine
Sugar Beach Resort, Bantayan

November - Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia 

("Selamat Datang!Apa Khabar?" Last Year was in KL, Now in KK)

Unforgettable Memories

"No Reservations, No Itinerary, No Hotel Bookings. We Survived!"
"First time to see a Proboscis Monkey"
"For me, Sabah it's an extension of Mindanao, a lot of Filipinos"

a Proboscis Monkey

Kota Kinabalu Downtown

Bandaraya Floating Mosque


December - El Nido, Palawan 

(I celebrated my Birthday in Paradise solo- My 7th Solo Backpack)

Unforgettable Memories

"Stung by a Sea Urchin on my Birthday (What a Birthday Present)"
"A la "Wild River Rafting Boat Ride" during my Tour B. I'm Still Alive!"
"A lot of Newly found Friends, See You on Facebook"


Pinagbuyutan Island, El Nido

Good Morning Bacuit Bay


*Blame my Travel Addiction to Cebu Pacific, Airphil Express and ZestAir seat sales.
*My Travel Mentors, Idols,Gurus,Popular Bloggers- Andy,Marcos,Alfred,Dong Ho,Ada,Gail,Mervin,Gorio...I envy your blogs so now I'm following your footsteps.
*What store for GoMiguelGo this 2013?... Watch Out! SOON!
*Still a lot of Backlogs...No Free time to Write! I'm Sorry for the Inconvenience :-) (Busy!  Saving Funds for my 2013 Travels... Who would love to sponsor me a trip? :-p)

6 comments:

  1. Naalala ko tuloy yung 2011 ko, yan din mga pinuntahan ko...Hong Kong-Macau Q1 tapos Q4 naman yung Vietnam-Cambodia-Thailand :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms Kat, mga addict lang sa travel...hehe..hahabulin ko yung mga list of destinations mo..hehe. thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi ms gay, thanks for dropping by again. yup i'm following your footsteps, you're one of my idols on traveling and blogging. cheers :-)

      Delete
  4. nice trips, addict mode talaga, hehehe !!
    btw, at naka-quote pa ko as mentor, as if may mentoring talagang naganap, lol! thanks btw for the link and more power to your future trips :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. idol,mentor,boss andy yup addict na talaga like you
      yup of course you are my mentor, you're always there answering my nonsense questions hehe
      marami pa link to follow :-) thanks boss!

      Delete