Sunday, October 28, 2012

Solo Backpack:Revisiting Cebu City


Revisiting Cebu City (My Last visit was last 2010)

magellans+cross+cebu.jpg

By 530 PM yesterday, Arrival at Northbound Terminal from Bantayan
Rode a Taxi to Jasmine Pension (Because a friend recommended me , but later I found out that it is Jacinta Pension House,not Jasmine)

By 600 PM, Dropped at Jasmine and ask for their rates (Single Room-AC worth P700+)But I’m only looking for a fan room (ranges P250-500) So I backed out! Good thing ,there are a lot of Inns,Lodges and Pension Houses within the area. So started scouting for a cheap accommodation, I went to Verbenna Inn but also they’re much higher than Jasmines and no Fan Rooms. Opposite to Verbenna Inn is the Travel Bee Pension House. My first question was “ Do you have fan rooms?”, the personnel showed me their tariff rates, without 2nd thoughts I took it! 

travel+bee+pension+cebu.jpg
Don Gil  Garcia cor Jasmin St (Capitol Area)
travel+bee+pension+cebu.jpg
travel+bee+pension+cebu.jpg
My Fan Room (Shared CR/ P400/night)
travel+bee+pension+cebu.jpg
Hallway (2F and Common CR)

Checked In. Freshen Up. Dinner Time
 1st Stop: Larsian (Known for Hawkers – Barbeques and Puso’)
                -located near Fuente Osmena, Robinson’s Cybergate, a few walk from my lodge
                -I missed this.Now it’s newly renovated, less smoke, has designated areas for grilling
 
larsian+puso+barbeque+cebu.jpg

larsian+puso+barbeque+cebu.jpg
Designated Seats for each Stalls
larsian+puso+barbeque+cebu.jpg
Designated Area for Grilling (Less Smoke)
larsian+puso+barbeque+cebu.jpg
Puso' (Rice wrapped by Coconut Leaves)
larsian+puso+barbeque+cebu.jpg
My Dinner (Puso' and Barbeques) Burp!
After Dinner,I’m thinking of trying the Skywalk at Crown Regency
(Decision Making time- Afraid of Heights,Budget and etc…Answer: Next Time!)
 
fuente+osmena+cebu.jpg

Back to my Lodge, watched TV, chit-chat with friendly staffs at Travel Bee Lobby-Restaurant

Had a Massage. Had a Bottle of Tanduay Ice. Sleep (No Data Available)

Day VI: City Tour (Walking/Heritage Sites Tour)
Early Checked out by 8am
 1st stop: Capitol of Cebu (Walked from my Lodge)
             
capitol+hall+cebu.jpg
One of the Most Beautiful Capitol Halls in PH

 


orange+brutus+cebu.jpg
My fave Food Chain since I was a kid, until now still Alive and Kicking
2nd stop: Shrine of Pedro Calungsod  (walked from Fuente Osmena)
                -located at Archbishop Palace on D.Jakosalem St
shrine+pedro+calungsod+archbishop+palace+cebu.jpg
shrine+pedro+calungsod+archbishop+palace+cebu.jpg
shrine+pedro+calungsod+archbishop+palace+cebu.jpg
 3rd stop: Basilica Menore de Sto Nino 
                (walked from D. Jakosalem-P Del Rosario- Colon-Osmena Blvd)

                -paid courtesy,it was Sunday then, a lot of Devotees, Update: Jan 20,2013(Annual Fiesta) or Every  3rd Sunday of January
sto+nino+church+cebu.jpg
sto+nino+church+cebu.jpg
Devotees
sto+nino+church+cebu.jpg
4th stop: Magellan’s Cross  and City Hall  (near the Basilica)
Bought my Pasalubongs at Island Souvenirs near Magellan’s Cross

magellans+cross+jpg

magellans+cross+jpg

cebu+city+hall.jpg

5th stop: Plaza Independencia, Fort San Pedro (Entrance Fee-P30)and Malakanyang sa Sugbo (All-in- One Area)


plaza+independencia+cebu.jpg

malakanyang+sugbu.jpg

fort+san+pedro+cebu.jpg
  
 



Ate my late Lunch at Chowking near Basilica.
From my last stop, I walked going to Colon St. Always have an eye on your belongings and don’t show any of your flashy gadgets, cameras and valuable things especially with this area (Just a friendly reminder from my Aunts)

Rode a Jeepney to Fuente Osmena (Fare –P8).Strolling Robinsons Fuente. Walked Back to my Lodge.

By 7pm, Arrival at Mactan Airport.Checked in. Terminal Fee.Waiting Area (Bonus Attractions)

mactan+airport+cebu.jpg
Divine of PBB

mactan+airport+cebu.jpg
Jake Vargas of GMA7

mactan+airport+cebu.jpg
Aljon and Manilyn

mactan+airport+cebu.jpg
Michael V

mactan+airport+cebu.jpg
waiting for our flight
Bye Cebu City by 10PM.End of my 6th Solo Backpack. Back being a Vampire Again

Expenses (Cebu City)


Taxi (Northbound Terminal- Travel Bee Pension)- P120
Travel Bee Pension – P400
Dinner (Larsian)- P103
Tanduay Ice –P35
Breakfast (Orange Brutus)- P100
Souvenirs (Shrine of Pedro Calungsod)- P250
Pasalubongs (Island Souvenirs)- P800
Fort San Pedro Entrance –P30
Lunch (Chowking)- P100
Snacks (Robinsons)- P100
Taxi (Travel Bee Pension- Airport)- P206
Airport Terminal Fee – P200

Tips and Information
-I recommend Travel Bee Pension for budget travelers like me. Situated near Fuente Osmena, the Capitol Hall,Larsian,Crown Regency and Mango Ave (for Nightlife). Located at Don Gil Garcia cor Jasmin St.
-If you’re craving for the best Lechon in Cebu, Go to CNT Lechon Restaurant at Guadalupe Area, It’s just jeepney ride from the Capitol Area.
-On my next visit to Cebu, I’ll make it sure that I will not miss Whale Shark Watching in Oslob, Go to Simala Church in Sibonga,Trekking atOsmena Peak in Dalaguete and Beaching at MoalBoal , Malapasqua Island or Camotes Island .
-Now I realized that there are still a  lot of Tourist Spots in Cebu that I need to explore. (My Hometown Province). Im going back Soon!

Updated: Visit my Oslob, Kawasan Falls, Camotes Island Tour here
 
Acknowledgment (6th Solo Backpack –Dumaguete-Bantayan- Cebu City)

Cebu Pacific  for your Seat Sales
Ceres Bus Liner for the Safe and Sound trip
Fellow Bloggers ( My Idols,Mentors,Gurus)
                -Andy
                -Marcos
                -Mervin
                -DongHo
 


No comments:

Post a Comment